9.26.2005

Short Sports Snarking

- I'm very happy that Vandy is now 4-0, but it's hard to get too excited when your latest win was over the Spiders.

However, when you think of it, that's actually a pretty good mascot. What single creature strikes more fear in the hearts of usually-manly-men than a tiny little spider?

- It sure was ironic to hear Frank Wychek talking about the definition of a lateral on the Titans play-by-play yesterday. As for the Titans, they're much better than their current record indicates.

- However, the same cannot be said for my fantasy team. Ugh.

- I sure will be glad when tonight's UT/LSU game is over, so I won't have to hear anything about it ever again (sorry Michael, it's not you.)

- Less than a week till the Preds drop their puck for the regular season!

I'd write more, but I've got an appointment to discuss becoming the Bears new QB. C-ya.

Edit: If you want to hear a truely touching sports story or cry for 10 minutes, here's the article for you. Charlie Weis rocks.

1 comment:

Michael Hickerson said...

Well, even as a UT fan I'm tired of hearing about it. I mean, I get that the Lousisana area has been hit hard by hurricanes. I get that. But I still think the SEC needed to push this game back to the end of the year rather than now.

It's best for all concnered.