12.07.2005

Big News Time

Since I'm now discovering that the gossip-net is even faster than the Internet, I guess it's time to break the news.

I have accepted a job with WRAL in Raleigh and will be leaving Nashville very, very shortly. It's a huge opportunity and I'm really excited about it. I'll also be getting back to Tar Heel country right in time for some prime basketball. :)

However, Nashville is pretty much my hometown now, and I am leaving my family of birth and my family at WKRN with more than a few pangs. And I will STILL be a Nashville blogger! You'd better keep me on the NIT blogroll, Brittney! And for those of you whom I was lucky enough to meet at blogger functions, I will miss seeing y'all regularly and hope to pop in for future meetups.

Now to figure out how to find an place to live and move in less than two weeks AT CHRISTMAS....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you go, but have fun in NC and good luck!

Pink Kitty said...

That makes 2 people I know that moved to NC in the last month. What is in the water over there?

Congrats on your new job. We are going to miss you!

Kerry Woo said...

Hi, I just moved back from Raleigh / Durham in August after commuting and can give you the skinny on the area as well as point you to a great blogging community and apts. as well!
Congrats - nice Christmas present!

Michael Hickerson said...

Congrats on the big news. I know you'll kick all forms of tail over there..and hey, you might be there for the Panthers to make a run at the Super Bowl again. That could be fun.

Steph said...

Congratulations Dana! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Dana,

How did the bosses take you leaving?

ariedana said...

Thanks so much for the good wishes, everyone! Kerry, I'll definitely check in with you about stuff.

Life at 40, most of my coworkers have been extremely supportive and excited for me. Overall, I've worked with some of the best people in the business.

Marsha Loftis said...

congratulations! Good luck with that.

Madie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats...I'm in the same boat, moving to Raleigh over Christmas/New Years. I'll be working for the News & Observer, so maybe our paths will cross.

(Who am I? A friend and former coworker of Jason Tippitt, aka LJ's Scarcrest, who gave me your contact info.)

I don't have a Web page, but I did "link" to an e-mail address.

Good luck with your move.

Anonymous said...

link didn't work -- try:

anawas (at) hotmail