10.27.2005

Proof that I Watch Way Too Much TV

Dear NBC, FOX and UPN,

What, are you trying to kill me? Please explain to me the logic in putting "My Name is Earl", "House" and "Everybody Hates Chris" in the same exact time slot? (the UPN site has all eps of "Chris" on Thursdays, but my TiVo says next week's on Tuesday, so someone's lying like a dog.) There are other nights of the week that people watch TV, and would it have killed one of you to start a show at 7? In my opinion (which is worth the paper it takes to print this post out) "Earl" and "House", while being dramatically different shows, are the funniest things on American TV right now ("House" is supposedly a medical drama, but try getting through an hour of Dr. Greg House without at least chuckling.) Anyone who is looking for smart comedy is going to gravitate toward these shows. And I only have one TiVo. This is like telling someone that they have to pick out one meal to eat for dinner for the rest of their life and choosing between your two favorite foods. I can't do it! I'm just grateful that "Two and a Half Men" moved into the 7 pm slot, or I'd be trying to commit TV suicide.

Okay, now that I've got the hysterics outta the way, let me offer a polite suggestion to NBC: I haven't watched "Joey" since mid-last season. Once upon a time, Thursdays at 7 was a great slot for you. Move "Earl" over there, and I might watch your 7:30 show just 'cause I'm grateful. "Earl" is the best show I've seen on your network since "Friends", and it deserves the same timeslot. If that doesn't work, let me remind "Fox" of the brief but shining point in your early history where you aired "The X-Files" on Friday and Sunday nights. And those of us who are this obsessed with TV will actually watch it on Friday nights. Wait, "Reba" is on Friday at 8. Scratch that. How's your Saturday lineup?

Feeling better now (but extremely lacking in a life),
Dana

No comments: