11.08.2005

Jesus Christ on a Pogo Stick

You would think that God and his angels came down on a shiny golden cloud, took Peyton Manning off the field tonight and ascended into heaven. Give it a rest, people! The result of the game was more due to the Pats looking like a MASH unit than the Colts unbelievable talent, which was just as unbelievable the past three years when they lost.

And anyone who wants to make fun of Doug Flutie should read his Wikipedia page and/or find last month's SI article about him and his autistic son and then be smacked around Boston Common a few dozen times.

(Just continuing in my tradition of Peyton-hatin', y'all.)

2 comments:

Michael Hickerson said...

What do you want--them to talk about T.O. some more? I'd rather have them praising Manning for being a great football player and a good guy off the field rather than hear one more word about T.O.

And they do the same thing for Tom Brady.....

ariedana said...

Like I said on NIT, I was mostly talking about the blogosphere's response to the win. And outside of certain New England cities and a few fans of my acquaintence, I've never heard Brady glorified like Peyton is.

As far as TO, the sports press loves a good messy story, just like the Panthers cheerleaders (no, I swear I'm not trying to make a gross pun there.) TO's just good at getting an audience.