3.08.2005

Well screw you too, ESPN

ESPN has ticked me off for the last time. It's bad enough that their radio commentators have become completely obnoxious and unlistenable, but they're getting rid of the two best parts of my day - Kit Hoover and Thea Andrews on Cold Pizza! Don't know if you've ever seen this morning show, but it's a hidden gem on ESPN2. Now it's going to be turned into more blowhard commentary with Skip Bayliss and Woody Paige, who together are the most biggest waste of space on air. Today they even added a scoreboard. Oh please. Are we supposed to tick off how many viewers they're losing per second?

Now my friend Joe Greenlight has come up with the idea to boycott ESPN, and I'm all for it. After all, what exactly are we losing? Except for Pardon the Interruption (which I admit I will really miss) and that unwatchable Around the Horn show before it, there's 10 reruns of SportsCenter a day, a few episodes of that horrible poker drama series, Dream Job (which is almost painfully entertaining) and some after-hours outdoor programming. These guys have yet to acknowledge that there are sports in the world that exist on networks that they don't hold the exclusive rights to, like NASCAR and soccer. Oh, excuse me, Colin Cowherd said on ESPN Radio today that the only places in the world that care about soccer have Sally Struthers shilling for money or worship a queen. So I'm not supposed to care. My mistake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely on your side about ESPN messing up big time. Because of this, I've decided to create a petition to protest what ESPN is doing to "Cold Pizza":
http://www.petitiononline.com/ESPNGals/petition.html

Sincerely,

Terrence Michael Clay

Anonymous said...

Anybody know why ESPN got rid of Kit and Thea? The show has definitely suffered for it...