8.12.2005

Memeage

Aloha Friday
Do you have any phobias?
I am very much afraid of rats. I'm also not very fond of snakes, but I'll take those any day over rats.

What’s your favorite summer movie so far this year?
"Batman Begins". No Michael, I'm not ripping off your answer.

Spread the spirit of blog aloha & pick someone off your blogroll for us to visit!
Okay, first I'll recommend Michael at Big Orange Michael. But since he also recommended me, I feel obligated to recommend another person also, so I'll point you toward my author friend Elizabeth Donald's new blog, although she doesn't update it enough. *grump*

Friday's Feast
Appetizer
Did you sleep good last night?
Pretty decently, or as well as I ever do (BTW, Lunestra really does make you want to sleep for 8 hours; however, four of those hours are after you have to get up in the morning, so another sleep aid bites the dust.) I had a dream about my own version of "A Girl in the Cafe'".

Soup
What is your current computer desktop image?
Believe it or not, a very gorgeous picture of the Nashville skyline taken by my ex-husband about two years ago. It's gotten so many compliments and requests for copies from coworkers that I hate to take it down. At home, I have a Green Wing screen, because I am still obsessed.

Salad
When was the last time you planted something, what was it and where did it go?
I planted some petunias last year in a garden box out on my tiny patio. They were very pretty. However, someone knocked the planter off of my ledge over the winter and I haven't been able to pick it up with all the soil inside to redo it this year.

Main Course
What's your favorite condiment?
Mustard. The spicier, the better.

Dessert
Share a quote that you like, for whatever reason..
Okay, here's where I'm going to take this to the next level. Earlier today, I wanted to do a "Lyrics Friday" post but didn't get any response, so I took it down. After an outcry from my public (hah!) I'm putting it back up.

And it starts like this we crave to be kissed
by a moment complete in its happiness
Far away from the things that we wish to escape
that lead us to think we are not awake
We are ourselves despite ourselves
this place gets smaller as the universe swells
We come to terms eventually, eventually, eventually.
I am not the only cowboy in this one horse metaphor
And I am not the only life guard who's
washed up on the shore

Now it's your turn to share lyrics. Funny or thoughtful, doesn't matter. Put them in comments.

2 comments:

Michael Hickerson said...

I love this song by Fleming and John...

Ugly Girl
When I saw you at the grocery store
you were sharing a shopping cart with her
and I couldn't turn and run away
I didn't know what to say
you introduced us for the first time
and I had to look her in the eye
but you could not imagine my surprise

can't you see you're leaving me for an ugly girl
does she talk about politics and all the stuff that used to make me sick
does she smoke cigars and stay up late oh she's so great
does she tell you what you want to hear
and I bet that she can grow a beard
I'd feel better thinking you were queer
it's not fair I can't compare to an ugly girl

ha ha ha the jokes on me
I feel jealous and I feel mean
is she so nice that it makes up for her face there's no way
do you have to keep your eyes closed
do you have to keep the lights down low
oh I bet you wish you had a blindfold can't you see
you're leaving me for an ugly girl

Michael Hickerson said...

And did you see Batman Begin on the IMAX? That was definitely worth the extra $$$$.